Safari Overview The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting is around the corner, Kigali car rentals…
Rent a car and get to drive through Rwanda and experience the best Mother Nature has to offer with Kigali car rental, your car rental partner.
Rwanda’s doors are still open to tourism and we at kigali car rentals are looking forward to welcoming you to rent a car with us while staying safe and healthy.
All tourism activities, including Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park, Wildlife safaris in Akagera National park, and Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe are fully functional in line with enhanced COVID-19 prevention measures.
Kigali car rentals consider the well-being of travelers as a top priority and we would therefore like to remind our clients that the country has put in place robust health and safety guidelines to ensure Safety and hence requests you to abide by the measures bellow;
- All travelers arriving in Rwanda must present a negative COVID-19 certificate. The only accepted test is a SARS-CoV 2 Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) performed within 72 hours of departure (meaning travelers must be tested and get results within 3 days of their first flight). Other tests, such as Rapid Diagnostics Test (RDTs), are not accepted. A second PCR test will be conducted upon arrival, with results delivered after 24 hours during which time they will remain in designated hotels at their own cost. COVID-19 Test is not mandatory for accompanied children under 5 years.
- Currently, international visitors arriving by flight can visit Rwanda. There are no restrictions based on nationality or point of departure. These visitors can enter Rwanda on the condition of fulfilling the health and safety requirements outlined. Visitors must complete the Passenger Locator Form before arrival.
- Kigali car rentals is offering attractive car rental deals as well as tour packages for visitors, Rwandans and foreign residents. Visa on arrival remains available for all visitors to the country.
- Cancellation policies have been updated to accommodate travelers impacted during this Period
- All other tourism destinations including hotel stays will accept either a Rapid Antigen Test or SARS-CoV 2 Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) taken within 120 hours.
- Travelers, including drivers, are required to fill and submit movement requests here together with copies of negative COVID-19 test results to email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to the trip.
- The cost of the Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test is Rwf 47,200 (USD 50) for travelers departing Rwanda and Rwf 57,200 (USD 60) for arriving visitors. The cost of a Rapid Antigen test is Rwf 10,000 and results are typically available within 15 minutes of the test being taken. A list of accredited private clinics that provide COVID-19 Rapid Antigen tests can be accessed at www.rbc.gov.rw.
- Hotel guests under the age of 12, accompanied by parents with a negative test certificate, are not required to undergo COVID-19 testing.
- Frequently asked questions with more details on visiting Rwanda can be accessed here.
- For more information about Rwanda’s response and daily updates on COVID-19, please visit the Rwanda Biomedical Centre’s website here.
- Gorilla permits are now available at USD 200 for Rwandans & EAC nationals, USD 500 for African Union citizens and foreign residents in Rwanda and USD 1,500 for international tourists.
- Special packages are available for groups, families and corporates on other products in Volcanoes and Nyungwe national parks. Learn more here.
- These special offers are valid until 31 May 2021.
- View a range of special offers from Rwandan tour and travel operators here.